Webinar: From Should-Have to Must-Have: How Due Diligence Regulation is Changing Standards Adoption
RCS Global Group’s consult unit held a successful webinar in March 2022 on “From Should-Have to Must-Have: How Due Diligence Regulation is Changing Standards Adoption”. It was a great pleasure to be able to gather industry leaders representing various perspectives from the regulatory to the practical point of view and we would like to thank our speakers from the European Commission, HSBC, The Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance – IRMA, and Volkswagen Group for their insights and great discussion.
There are currently around a dozen mandatory supply chain due diligence regulations directly or indirectly impacting companies globally. How can companies in the minerals supply chain make sense of this complex landscape of responsible sourcing and mining requirements, understand which standards would enable compliance and respond most effectively?
In this first webinar, hosted by RCS Global Group’s Consult department, you get a chance to hear from industry practitioners, regulators and investors about the latest developments and practical impacts of growing due diligence regulation. Speakers include the European Commission, HSBC, The Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance – IRMA, and Volkswagen Group.
The session examines the convergence of responsible mineral sourcing and mining standards that underpin due diligence regulation and how companies can use them to achieve compliance. The webinar also explores how due diligence regulation is impacting responsible sourcing and mining standards themselves and investment decisions.
Find the recorded webinar here:
Find key insights from the webinar in the paper below including an overview of the regulatory landscape and a breakdown of the practical implications companies face.
Get the key insights here:
The webinar was held on 29 March, at 10.00-11.00 am CET
(Registration is no longer possible)
- Overview and Implications – The current landscape of due diligence regulation affecting responsible sourcing and mining standards, RCS Global Group
- The Regulator Perspective – How the EU Conflict Minerals Regulation incorporates good practice responsible sourcing standards, opportunities and challenges, The European Commission
- The Standard Owner Perspective – How due diligence regulation impacts IRMA adoption, The Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance – IRMA
- The Investor Perspective – How due diligence regulation influences investor decisions and ESG assessments/ratings, HSBC
- The Downstream Perspective – How due diligence regulation is impacting the company’s responsible sourcing approach including standards engagement, Volkswagen Group
- Panel Discussion and Q&A
Who should attend this webinar?
- If you are subject to EU regulatory requirements on due diligence and want to understand their implications (e.g. EU Conflict Minerals Regulation, Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive);
- If you are implementing multiple responsible sourcing and mining standards and trying to make sense of how they align with each other as part of regulatory compliance;
- If you are indirectly impacted by due diligence regulation through customer requirements;
- If you are looking to understand how due diligence regulation is impacting investor decisions.
Director of Corporate Engagement
Senior ESG Analyst
Head of Consult
RCS Global Group