ESG Risk Management in Raw Material Sourcing: Regulation & Finance as Key Drivers
On March 30th, 3 – 4 pm CET, RCS Global and SLR Consulting are hosting a webinar focusing on the emergence of ESG Due Diligence Regulations requirements for both EU-based and global companies to manage social and environmental risks in their supply chains.
The EU Institutions are expected to begin their first trilogue discussions on the EU Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive as early as mid-2023. When it comes into force, the Directive will require both EU-based and global companies to manage social and environmental risks in the supply chain based on international good practice standards like OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. The legislation is one of a growing body of due diligence regulations that will make ESG risk management in raw material supply chains mandatory as opposed to voluntary, and the role of investors in the relevant sectors and value chains will become more important.
In this webinar, hosted by RCS Global/SLR Consulting, you will get a chance to hear from practitioners about:
- How supply chain due diligence regulation is impacting actors in the raw material supply chains and their ESG risk management;
- How companies are responding and what are the leading practices in ESG risk management in the supply chain;
- How due diligence regulation is impacting investors and their decisions and how investor ESG criteria impact supply chain actors who seek to futureproof their investability.
Specifically, the webinar will focus on:
- The emergence of new regulation for mandatory supply chain due diligence (e.g. EU Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive, EU Battery Regulation, EU rules on non-financial reporting);
- How expanding regulation is impacting companies in their choice of standards and ESG risk management;
- How investors are being impacted and what information is required from a risk management & opportunity perspective;
- Good practices for ESG risk management.
Who should attend this webinar?
- If you are directly or indirectly impacted by regulatory requirements on supply chain due diligence and want to understand their implications;
- If you are interested in examples of practical approaches and actions by companies for supply chain due diligence management requirements;
- If you are looking to understand how due diligence regulation is impacting investor decisions.
RCS Global Group
Sustainability and Corporate Transitions – Vice President
Director Corporate Engagement at NEI Investments Board Member at IRMA
NEI Investments / IRMA
European Head of ESG
and Finance Sector Lead